Descendants of Capt. Daniel McCormack
Generation No. 1
1. CAPT. DANIEL1 MCCORMACK was born 1724, and died 1809 in Lincoln County KY. He married NANCY ANNE SHALLCROSS Bet. 1749 - 1750. She was born Bet. 1724 - 1726 in Ireland, and died September 21, 1809 in Lincoln County KY.
Notes for CAPT. DANIEL MCCORMACK:
Daniel McCormack came to America in 1743 from Ireland, moving to Augusta County VA. He came to Lincoln County in the early 1770's, establishing a pioneer station in 1782, (McCormack 's Fork)obtaining tracts of land from Benjamin Harrison, who was governor of VA at the time.
IN 1785-86, he donated land for a church, cemetery and a school on the banks of Hanging Fork.
This is the oldest brick church west of the Alleghenies. Around 1790, Daniel built a two and one half story home, which existed untill 1977, when it was destroyed by fire.
Daniel was scalped and killed by indians in Sept 1809, when Daniel's grand daughter married James
McKittrick the McCormack farm became known as the McKittrick Place.
Donated land for the McCormack church in Lincoln Co.
Daniel McCormack entered a grant of 1000 acres of land on the water of the Hanging Fork in Lincoln County on April 26th, 1780. The will of Daniel McCormack dated Sept 21, 1809; proved on Nov 20 1809, names his wife as Ann McCormack ("children of Peggy Estes when of Age) His children 1. William, Nancy Martin McCormack , and Daniel Jr.
Children of CAPT. MCCORMACK and NANCY SHALLCROSS are:
2. i. MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, b. November 01, 1764, VA; d. Aft. 1809.
ii. WILLIAM MCCORMACK.
iii. NANCY MCCORMACK.
iv. DANIEL JR MCCORMACK.
Generation No. 2
2. MARGARET2 MCCORMACK (CAPT. DANIEL1) was born November 01, 1764 in VA, and died Aft. 1809. She married ABRAHAM ESTES December 31, 1789, son of JOHN ESTES and ELIZABETH CHISUM. He was born Bet. 1764 - 1770 in Amelia, VA, and died May 22, 1844 in Lincoln Co., KY.
Notes for ABRAHAM ESTES:
Abraham Estes was born in Amelia County in 1761-64 and moved to Halifax COunty VA, with his father John Estes , He enter the service under Capt John Martin, Lt Col John Logan and Col. Benjamin Logan.
Benjamin call him into service in the summer of 1781, as an indian spy and guard at Briggs' Station.
In March of 1782 he march with Benjamin Logan to the Falls of the Ohio to reinforce Gen George Rogers Clark and assisted him in erecting Fort Jefferson.
In August of 1782, Abraham Estes marched against the Indians who has defeated Col Triggs and Todd at the Battle of the Blue Lick. Abraham was ordered to stay at the Blue Lick's as an Indian spy.
He was asigned to protect the stores of salt that laid up there for use of the District of Kentucky, McAfee's Station under Moses Shelby, Isaac Shelby, Antony Biedsoe, and Abraham Tatum.
In Sept. 1782, he was ordered by Col. Benjamin Logan to join force under his command which was beginning a march to Gen Clark at the mouth of Licking River where thye cross the Miami River to the indian town of Standing Stone where they battled the Indians. They separated from Gen Clark and returned to Lincoln Co. Abraham Estes stay at McCormick Station until the end of the Revolutionary
War, where he served as guard at McCormack Garrison. He also served with capt. Joseph and Daniel
McCormick . Abraham was often in the company of Capt Daniel Boone at Ft. Boonesboro and James Harrod of Fort Harrod.
On Dec 31, 1789, Abraham married Margaret McCormick, daughtrer of Daniel McCormick. Margaret's daughter Margaret peggy Estes married Nathan Daugherty in 1852
He lived out his life in Licnoln Co. and died in 1844. He is buried in Estes Cem located in New Salem.
Children of MARGARET MCCORMACK and ABRAHAM ESTES are:
3. i. JAMES3 ESTES, b. May 02, 1798, Lincoln co ky.
ii. NANCY ESTES, b. 1836.
4. iii. HANNAH ESTES.
iv. JOHN MONROE ESTES.
v. ELIZABETH ESTES.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES3 ESTES (MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born May 02, 1798 in Lincoln co ky. He married NANCY EAST November 15, 1819 in Garrard Co/ Ky, daughter of JAMES EAST and LUCY ENGLISH. She was born 1794 in Lincoln co ky.
Children of JAMES ESTES and NANCY EAST are:
5. i. MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, b. November 02, 1829; d. February 17, 1887.
ii. JOHN WELSH ESTES, b. November 16, 1820.
iii. ELEANOR ESTES, b. January 15, 1822.
iv. JOSEPH MCORMICK ESTES, b. November 25, 1823.
v. POLLY ESTES, b. 1827.
vi. RACHEL WILSON ESTES, b. June 19, 1825.
vii. GIRL ESTES, b. 1826.
viii. JAMES CARROLL ESTES, b. August 15, 1830.
ix. SALLY JANE ESTES, b. September 19, 1832.
x. NANCY B ESTES, b. January 28, 1836.
xi. GEORGE W ESTES, b. April 01, 1838.
xii. ELIZABETH JORDAN ESTES, b. May 28, 1840.
4. HANNAH3 ESTES (MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) She married CHARLES DAUGHERTY 1851, son of JOHN DAUGHERTY and DARCAS EVANS. He was born March 31, 1827.
Child of HANNAH ESTES and CHARLES DAUGHERTY is:
i. JURITHA4 DAUGHERTY.
Generation No. 4
5. MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES (JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born November 02, 1829, and died February 17, 1887. She married NATHAN DAUGHERTY May 29, 1852 in Lincoln Co Stanford, Ky, son of JOHN DAUGHERTY and DARCAS EVANS. He was born April 01, 1831 in Lincoln Co, and died April 09, 1889 in Lincoln Co.
Children of MARGARET ESTES and NATHAN DAUGHERTY are:
6. i. GEORGE W5 DAUGHERTY, b. August 25, 1866; d. October 11, 1938.
ii. JAMES T DAUGHERTY, b. July 13, 1854, Lincoln Co Ky; d. 1904, Lincoln Co Ky; m. ROSA BELL WICHERSHAM SMITH, August 23, 1877, Lincoln Co; b. April 30, 1852; d. February 1901.
iii. JOHN E DAUGHERTY, b. July 15, 1853; d. November 14, 1901.
iv. DAVID E DAUGHERTY, b. November 23, 1856; m. POLLY SELF, Bet. January - April 1878; b. January 24, 1858.
v. SARAH ELIZABETH DAUGHERTY, b. February 26, 1858; m. WILES C. STRINGER, June 29, 1886; b. 1855.
7. vi. NANCY NANNIE DAUGHERTY, b. December 07, 1860.
vii. MARY MARGARET (MOLLIE) DAUGHERTY, b. February 11, 1862; m. JAMES STRINGER, August 01, 1889; b. 1860.
viii. FRANKLIN WOLFORD DAUGHERTY, b. August 26, 1866.
ix. SARAH E DAUGHERTY, b. December 1860.
8. x. DORCAS ANN DAUGHERTY, b. December 25, 1872.
9. xi. SALLIE BET DAUGHERTY.
10. xii. MOLLIE DAUGHERTY.
Generation No. 5
6. GEORGE W5 DAUGHERTY (MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born August 25, 1866, and died October 11, 1938. He married (1) ANNIE STRINGER October 07, 1889, daughter of DAVID STRINGER and PERNELY ADAMS. She died April 25, 1905. He married (2) MAGGIE NICKELS November 18, 1915.
Children of GEORGE DAUGHERTY and ANNIE STRINGER are:
11. i. JAMES HENRY6 DAUGHERTY, b. November 30, 1895; d. 1975.
ii. CLARENCE DAUGHERTY, m. PEARL.
Children of GEORGE DAUGHERTY and MAGGIE NICKELS are:
iii. WILLIE GARFIELD6 DAUGHERTY.
iv. WALTER E DAUGHERTY.
v. MARY MARGARET DAUGHERTY.
vi. LOTIE DAUGHERTY.
vii. DORCAS HANNAH DAUGHERTY.
viii. LENA MAE DAUGHERTY.
ix. MARTHA DAUGHERTY.
7. NANCY NANNIE5 DAUGHERTY (MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born December 07, 1860. She married WILLIAM HAHAN May 23, 1881. He was born 1860.
Children of NANCY DAUGHERTY and WILLIAM HAHAN are:
i. LILLIE6 HAHAN.
ii. DELLIE HAHAN.
8. DORCAS ANN5 DAUGHERTY (MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born December 25, 1872. She married GREEN SKIDMORE. He was born 1870.
Child of DORCAS DAUGHERTY and GREEN SKIDMORE is:
i. ODA6 SKIDMORE, b. 1895.
9. SALLIE BET5 DAUGHERTY (MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) She married (1) WILLIS G STRINGER, son of DAVID STRINGER and PERNELY ADAMS. She married (2) WILLIS G GREEN June 29, 1886.
Children of SALLIE DAUGHERTY and WILLIS STRINGER are:
i. MARY ALICE6 STRINGER.
ii. TOMMY STRINGER.
10. MOLLIE5 DAUGHERTY (MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) She married (1) JAMES H STRINGER, son of DAVID STRINGER and PERNELY ADAMS. She married (2) JAMES H. STRINGER August 01, 1884.
Child of MOLLIE DAUGHERTY and JAMES STRINGER is:
12. i. DOLLIE6 STRINGER.
Generation No. 6
11. JAMES HENRY6 DAUGHERTY (GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born November 30, 1895, and died 1975. He married VADA LAY August 1919, daughter of JAMES LEIGH and HANNAH SIMS. She was born May 22, 1902, and died June 30, 1980.
Notes for JAMES HENRY DAUGHERTY:
James Henry went to the Army Sept 21 1917, Camp Taylor Ky. Camp Shelbey , May 16, 1918,
Camp Murth NJ June 6, 1918, Left for France, first battle, July 26, 1918. Returned Home May 8, 1919.
was mustered gased while in France.
Children of JAMES DAUGHERTY and VADA LAY are:
13. i. LOIS7 DAUGHERTY, b. May 14, 1928, Lincoln Co; d. May 17, 1973, Lincoln Co.
14. ii. WALTER DAUGHERTY, b. January 25, 1926; d. July 15, 1961.
iii. GLADIS DAUGHERTY, m. CHESTER MOORE.
iv. STELLA DAUGHERTY, m. HARRY BROCK.
v. NELL DAUGHERTY, m. JIMMY MOORE.
vi. MILDRED DAUGHERTY, m. TOMMY GOLFF.
vii. RACHAEL DAUGHERTY, m. GEORGE JR. TILLETT.
15. viii. RICHARD DAUGHERTY, b. May 25, 1938; d. February 04, 1980.
ix. WANDA DAUGHERTY.
12. DOLLIE6 STRINGER (MOLLIE5 DAUGHERTY, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) She married DAVID KENNEDY.
Children of DOLLIE STRINGER and DAVID KENNEDY are:
i. BERTHA7 KENNEDY.
ii. MARY GREEN KENNEDY, m. VIRGIL WILDER.
iii. NETTIE KENNEDY, m. ED PEEK.
iv. BETTIE KENNEDY, m. SAM HANCOCK.
v. GERTEUDE KENNEDY, m. CHARLES YATES.
vi. EMMA HAYSE KENNEDY, m. FRED ANDERSON.
vii. ALBERTA FRANCIS KENNEDY, m. PEANUT MOORE.
viii. BILL KENNEDY, m. PAULINE.
Generation No. 7
13. LOIS7 DAUGHERTY (JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born May 14, 1928 in Lincoln Co, and died May 17, 1973 in Lincoln Co. She married EUGENE CARRIER May 27, 1947 in Lincoln County, son of LOGAN CARRIER and DELLA BASTIN. He was born March 01, 1927.
Children of LOIS DAUGHERTY and EUGENE CARRIER are:
16. i. SANDRA JEAN8 CARRIER, b. August 09, 1951, Danville, Ky.
17. ii. DONNA CARRIER, b. March 30, 1949.
14. WALTER7 DAUGHERTY (JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born January 25, 1926, and died July 15, 1961. He married LILLIAN CARPENTER.
Children of WALTER DAUGHERTY and LILLIAN CARPENTER are:
i. STEVE8 DAUGHERTY.
ii. TEREAS DAUGHERTY.
15. RICHARD7 DAUGHERTY (JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born May 25, 1938, and died February 04, 1980. He married (1) WANDA CARPENTER. He married (2) LYDA MAE HAMILTON 1971.
Children of RICHARD DAUGHERTY and WANDA CARPENTER are:
i. KEITH8 DAUGHERTY.
ii. RONNIE DAUGHERTY.
iii. MADONNA DAUGHERTY.
Children of RICHARD DAUGHERTY and LYDA HAMILTON are:
18. iv. LATRICIA8 DAUGHERTY, b. April 07, 1967.
v. MELISSA FAYE DAUGHERTY, b. May 28, 1970.
Generation No. 8
16. SANDRA JEAN8 CARRIER (LOIS7 DAUGHERTY, JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born August 09, 1951 in Danville, Ky. She married LANNY ROY HUBBARD April 05, 1969 in Highland, Ky Mt Moriah, son of CHARLES HUBBARD and LOLA JENKINS. He was born March 18, 1949 in Kings Mtn Ky.
Children of SANDRA CARRIER and LANNY HUBBARD are:
i. DUANE ROBERT "ROBBIE"9 HUBBARD, b. September 10, 1970, Danville Ky.
ii. MICHAEL RYAN HUBBARD, b. March 27, 1974, Danville Ky.
17. DONNA8 CARRIER (LOIS7 DAUGHERTY, JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born March 30, 1949. She married DENNIS BLOUGH May 21, 1966 in High KY Mt Moriah Church, son of KEN BLOUGH and DILLIE HENSLEY. He was born January 15, 1947.
Child of DONNA CARRIER and DENNIS BLOUGH is:
19. i. DENNIS RAY9 BLOUGH, b. September 05, 1969.
18. LATRICIA8 DAUGHERTY (RICHARD7, JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born April 07, 1967. She married (1) JAMES MICHAEL BRANSON. She married (2) JOSEPH HARRIS.
Child of LATRICIA DAUGHERTY and JAMES BRANSON is:
i. JAMES RICHARD9 BRANSON, b. October 01, 1990.
Generation No. 9
19. DENNIS RAY9 BLOUGH (DONNA8 CARRIER, LOIS7 DAUGHERTY, JAMES HENRY6, GEORGE W5, MARGARET ANN "PEGGY"4 ESTES, JAMES3, MARGARET2 MCCORMACK, CAPT. DANIEL1) was born September 05, 1969. He married ANGIE SHARPE. She was born February 06, 1972.
Children of DENNIS BLOUGH and ANGIE SHARPE are:
i. BLANDON10 BLOUGH, b. January 15, 1993.
ii. KYLE BLOUGH, b. September 15, 1995.
iii. JORDON BLOUGH, b. May 13, 1998.